We Are Currently Hiring:
Fourth and Fifth Grade Educators for 2023-24
The Wesley Upper School – Shady Side, MD
The Wesley Upper School is a church- exempt school in Calvert County Maryland. We are currently looking for a 4th grade teacher.
The goal of The Wesley School is to provide a highly academic competitive curriculum in a developmentally appropriate, Christian classroom that promotes biblical literacy, faith formation and service to others as well as child directed learning and outdoor exploration.
The Wesley School is founded on the biblical understanding that God has created each of us to live in true community, as friends on the journey, where we pattern our lives after the example of Christ, through acts of kindness, compassion, and mercy.
We cover the content areas of Math, Science, English Language Arts, and Social Studies while integrating faith into all areas of our school. Classes in Biblical Literacy and Church History as well as Chapel are led by ordained elders in the United Methodist Church.
- Content is embedded in curriculum that is aligned with standards set by Maryland State Department of Education.
- Teacher will lead in Daily prayer.
- Resource teachers and pastors will coordinate service-based mission projects that tie to the learning goals of the classroom when possible.
- On staff resource team of teachers lead in Physical education, team building, the arts including music, media, fine arts and performing arts.
- Classroom student/teacher ratio of 12:1.
- Third/fourth/fifth grade classrooms have a special education teaching assistant.
"The Wesley School is an inclusive and welcoming school, where the whole child is valued, relationships cultivated, and diversity is recognized and respected."
Candidates Must Have
Love for Christ Jesus and commitment to a faith community
Love of children and appreciation for the benefits of a highly academic Christian education embedded with outdoor learning
Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices, understanding multiple learning modalities, and the ability to differentiate curriculum across learning levels.
Passion for teaching in a Christian classroom
Excellent communicability and interpersonal skills
Creative and energetic
Flexible, Out of the Box Problem Solver
Minimum Bachelors Degree in Elementary Education
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 - $40,000.00 per year
How to Apply
Please Send Resume and cover letter to Kassie Evans - Head of School - email@example.com